The Melville Chamber of Commerce presents the Business Resource Roundtable. The purpose of the Roundtable is to provide a forum for Chamber members to bring their specific business questions, issues or problems to a group of peers. Based on their knowledge & experiences, attendees offer possible solutions and/or identify available resources that may assist in the solution. Roundtable participants can request solutions, offer experienced advice, and assist each other in bringing their companies to a higher level of performance.
This is a free resource to Chamber members and will be hosted by a different chamber member business each month. Attendance is limited, so registering is required.
ERISA Compliance for All Group Insurance Programs…Are You Aware?
– While most employers today are aware of the required Affordable Care Act compliance, most are not aware of the ERISA requirements
– All employers who sponsor group insurance programs are subject to the requirements, regardless of the number of employees they have
– There is a list of specific ERISA documents and disclosures that employers must maintain and distribute to employees each year
– Both NYS and U.S. DOL’s are actively auditing plans of all sizes, and fines for non-compliance are as high as $110 per day/per employee
– Attend the meeting to learn what these requirements are and how to become compliant
In addition to the presentation, we will have an open roundtable discussion regarding today’s trending local business developments.