The Melville Chamber of Commerce presents the Business Resource Roundtable. The purpose of the Roundtable is to provide a forum for Chamber members to bring their specific business questions, issues or problems to a group of peers. Based on their knowledge & experiences, attendees offer possible solutions and/or identify available resources that may assist in the solution. Roundtable participants can request solutions, offer experienced advice, and assist each other in bringing their companies to a higher level of performance.
This is a free resource to Chamber Members and will be hosted by a different Chamber Member business each month. Breakfast will be served. Attendance is limited, so registering is required.
Presentation & Breakfast Sponsor:
“Employment Law Tips for a Successful 2019”
This discussion will cover Littler’s tips for 2019 on:
– New York State and City Anti-Harassment Legislation
– Increases in the minimum wage for non-exempt employees and minimum salary for exempt employees
– The expansion of protected categories under New York State and City human rights laws
– Changes to the New York State Paid Family Leave Act
– Using arbitration agreements in the post-Epic systems era
In addition to the presentation, we will have an open roundtable discussion regarding presenters topic and trending local business developments.